x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 32980/8

Hello,

I have a question regarding the host server and his association with the file extensions. I'm a student & programmer and i really like your hosting solution that i've decided to use it as a host for my applications updates. Basically i've came across one little problem, since i'm trying to make the best of Visual Studio 8 i cannot force online isntallation of my applications directly from the server. I've put the application to the "wwwhome\" folder and main problem i have is that online instlalation for which i found a possible solution:

First, make sure that the server is configured to associate the .application extension with content type "application/x-ms-application".

I'm curious is the server configured to associate ".application" extension as described above and if not, can we expect it in some future times.

Thank you in advance,

Bojan

6/1/2007 4:27:53 AM

Hi, I don't think we have created such association. We will add it later, expect this to be done in less than 1 week.

6/1/2007 5:40:32 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/1/2007 5:40:32 AM

Hi, I don't think we have created such association. We will add it later, expect this to be done in less than 1 week.

Well thank you...

I must say i'm suprised, i heard your host has good and fast support... but this ... i'm just suprised.... Thank you once more, i really appriciate it.

Regards,

Bojan

6/1/2007 5:51:29 AM

User: bgluvacevic  -  6/1/2007 5:51:29 AM

Well thank you...

I must say i'm suprised, i heard your host has good and fast support... but this ... i'm just suprised.... Thank you once more, i really appriciate it.

Regards,

Bojan

Hi, please understand that I can add this MIME type in half an hour. However, as we have huge number of users, we must follow procedures on any configuration changes to the production website. We might be able to get it done in less than 1 week.

Please also understand that the extension ".application" is unusual, we view it as a minor issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

6/1/2007 4:00:12 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/1/2007 4:00:12 PM

Well thank you...

Regards,

Bojan

Hi, please understand that I can add this MIME type in half an hour. However, as we have huge number of users, we must follow procedures on any configuration changes to the production website. We might be able to get it done in less than 1 week.

Please also understand that the extension ".application" is unusual, we view it as a minor issue.

I'm sorry if you took my last post wrong way, i ment i'm suprised how fast i got the answer and that you took it allready in consideration to add on server.

It was ment and said in positive way, but it came out all wrong. Anyway, sorry for my bad english. Since i said it wrong in last post let me correct it in this one: You sure have the fastest support for your members, and so far from what i read and have seen you are one of the best services online.

I'll see what i can do to spread the word to my friends and make them join.

Regards,

Bojan

6/2/2007 12:50:34 AM

User: bgluvacevic  -  6/2/2007 12:50:34 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/1/2007 4:00:12 PM

Well thank you...

Regards,

Bojan

I'm sorry if you took my last post wrong way, i ment i'm suprised how fast i got the answer and that you took it allready in consideration to add on server.

It was ment and said in positive way, but it came out all wrong. Anyway, sorry for my bad english. Since i said it wrong in last post let me correct it in this one: You sure have the fastest support for your members, and so far from what i read and have seen you are one of the best services online.

I'll see what i can do to spread the word to my friends and make them join.

Regards,

Bojan

Thank you. I forgot to mention that it should be working now. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

6/13/2007 8:52:58 AM

hello I stumbled on this recently.

I setup a basic site to try setting up a Brightsign Player to use an FTP site.

According to the documentation, I also need to declare certain MIME types for this to work.
The following is copied from this site: https://support.brightsign.biz/hc/en-us/articles/218067517-Simple-File-Network-troubleshooting
"

3. Web server settings (Mime Types): Add the following MIME Types and test them using the examples in Step 4:

•  “.brs” – Add this extension to your server as a MIME type. It should be set to plain/text
  • “.” –  Add a MIME type for files with no extensions as application/octet-stream
  • “.bsfw” –  Add a MIME type for BrightSign firmware files as application/octet-stream
  • ".json" –  If it doesn't already exist, add a MIME type for JSON files as application/json
  • ".xml" –  If it doesn't already exist, add a MIME type for XML files as text/xml

"

I'm assuming the XML and JSON types are set. I'm sure there is some of this weirdness with the bsfw, and brs file types.

I'm still very new to all of this, so I'm not certain this is the problem.

But as far as I can tell, I think this is the issue with it?

12/20/2021 6:38:24 PM

We have added the MIME types for .brs and .bsfw. The other 3 MIME types already exist. Please let us know if you have any issues. 

12/21/2021 8:41:05 AM

User: DriveHQ_Support  -  12/21/2021 8:41:05 AM

We have added the MIME types for .brs and .bsfw. The other 3 MIME types already exist. Please let us know if you have any issues. 

Thanks so much! Everything's running fine with that change!

1/27/2022 2:58:58 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?