x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 28535/5

I have a backup task set to "real time" but files that are changed do not automatically get updated. If i click on the task and hit "start", the changed files do get up loaded (a new window showing the files being uploaded opens up and i cna see the progress for each of the new files). But after that is completed, new updates don't automatically get up loaded. I also note that on the backup task, the "start" button is highlighted (available to be clicked) . If the task is real time, should the "Start:" button be highlighted like that? I would assume that the task should always be running.

Thanks

10/28/2007 11:41:07 AM

Could you please check your Online Backup version and build number? The latest version is 3.8 Build 249. We have not heard any similar bug reports.

If you already have the latest version, please try to create a real-time backup task that only backs up one small folder, and check if it works. You can gradually add more files / folders into the source folder and check if it works fine. If not, please tell us the detailed info about which files/folders that have caused the problem.

10/29/2007 4:49:06 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/29/2007 4:49:06 AM

Could you please check your Online Backup version and build number? The latest version is 3.8 Build 249. We have not heard any similar bug reports.

If you already have the latest version, please try to create a real-time backup task that only backs up one small folder, and check if it works. You can gradually add more files / folders into the source folder and check if it works fine. If not, please tell us the detailed info about which files/folders that have caused the problem.

I am running version 3.8 (just downloaded this past saturday). It is running on Windows Small Business Server 2003.

The small file set seems to work (10 files)

The one that doesnt is a 7G total capacity, but many smal files (non larger than 2 MB).

The files being backed up are on a raid-1 configured drive pair.

Any suggestions?

10/29/2007 6:22:23 AM

User: cfbllc  -  10/29/2007 6:22:23 AM

I am running version 3.8 (just downloaded this past saturday). It is running on Windows Small Business Server 2003.

The one that doesnt is a 7G total capacity, but many smal files (non larger than 2 MB).

Any suggestions?

We will double check the problem. In the meantime, could you try to add more and more files/folders into the small task? Let us know how it goes.

In DriveHQ FileManager, we limit "automatic folder synchronization from server to local" to only work for folders with less than 3000 files/subfolders. This is for server load considerations. However, for backup tasks, since it is from local to server, we don't have such limitation.

This being said, the real-time backup is designed for backing up your current working folders; it is not designed for backing up very large folders. You might want to change it to a scheduled backup; or make the task smaller.

10/29/2007 11:04:06 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/29/2007 11:04:06 AM

Any suggestions?

We will double check the problem. In the meantime, could you try to add more and more files/folders into the small task? Let us know how it goes.

In DriveHQ FileManager, we limit "automatic folder synchronization from server to local" to only work for folders with less than 3000 files/subfolders. This is for server load considerations. However, for backup tasks, since it is from local to server, we don't have such limitation.

This being said, the real-time backup is designed for backing up your current working folders; it is not designed for backing up very large folders. You might want to change it to a scheduled backup; or make the task smaller.

I will check on the number of files/folders we have.

Although there is a lot of data, the data changes very slowly (maximum of 4 updates per hour, maybe 20 updates per day).

Is the real-time update limited by the number of files, size of the files or the frequency of updates?

10/29/2007 12:24:41 PM

User: cfbllc  -  10/29/2007 12:24:41 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/29/2007 11:04:06 AM

Any suggestions?

I will check on the number of files/folders we have.

Although there is a lot of data, the data changes very slowly (maximum of 4 updates per hour, maybe 20 updates per day).

Is the real-time update limited by the number of files, size of the files or the frequency of updates?

It should not. We have not heard any such bug reports so far.

10/29/2007 4:35:31 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?