x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 74120/12

I use an ftp application to upload files to drivehq free account. It worked fine for 5 hrs and later I get the error "Unable to connect to ftp.drivehq.com, Connection closed gracefully.".... I've used only 50MB out of 1GB in drivehq. When I try to ftp from different public ip ie. another internet connection, it works. So, it think drivehq blocked my ip...any chance for it? plz help

2/22/2011 12:30:03 AM

Hi I have done ftp place for saving snapshots from my IP web camera.

In first day it was OK but after second day is impossibile automaticaly save any snapshot to my folder in my acount..

What can I do?

Thank you

Marko    romeo.marko@gmail.com

2/24/2011 1:44:50 AM

IP web cameras are not supported with free service accounts.  Please order a subscription plan if you use an automatic camera.

2/24/2011 10:16:20 AM

I use an ftp application to upload files to drivehq free account. It worked fine for 5 hrs and later I get the error "Unable to connect to ftp.drivehq.com, Connection closed gracefully.".... I've used only 50MB out of 1GB in drivehq. When I try to ftp from different public ip ie. another internet connection, it works. So, it think drivehq blocked my ip...any chance for it? plz help

That is because you can't upload more than 50mb you have to wait a while!

That is because you dont have premium account

4/15/2011 1:38:36 AM

Hi,

I have an application that uploads images via ftp, it was able to create a sub-directory, but it receives a permission denied error when trying to upload a file. Can you let me know if this is a limitation of the free service. Thanks in advance

8/29/2011 6:08:40 PM

The only reason I signed up with DriveHQ is to test a IP Camera to FTP solution for a client. Too bad it won't work, this looked like a good service. 

9/30/2011 5:14:46 PM

Many users have requested us to support IP cameras / security cameras over the past years.

In fact, we have always supported IP cameras / security cameras. The only requirement is you must order our paid subscription. Please understand that our free service is designed for personal and casual use only. If you use an automatic device like a security camera, it will keep connecting and uploading files to our FTP server. The load created by a security camera can be 100 or even 1000 times more than a regular person. In this case, you must order our paid subscription. Our service price is extremely low considering the type of usage.

If you order our paid service, please note we have a more optimized FTP server for security cameras, it is:

cameraFTP.drivehq.com

Also, you should logon www.drivehq.com website, go to Account options page, check the checkbox "This account will only be used by a security camera". If you check this option, then you will have access to the "Camera Show" feature from your Show Folder page.

9/30/2011 5:38:08 PM

Update to this message:

Many users have requested us to support IP cameras / security cameras over the past years. In fact, we have always supported IP cameras / security cameras.

The only requirement is you must order a paid subscription. Please understand that our free service is designed for personal and casual use only. If you use an automatic device like a security camera, it will keep connecting and uploading images to our FTP server. The load created by a security camera can be 100 or even 1000 times more than a regular person. Therefore, you must order a paid subscription. Our service price is extremely low.

If you use our service for your security cameras, please make sure to use the new FTP site for security cameras:

cameraFTP.drivehq.com

or IP address: 66.220.9.45

In configuring your security camera, you must create a separate folder for each camera. Also, usually cameras shall connect using the Passive Mode (PASV) FTP.

Because your cameras keep uploading images to DriveHQ, your storage usage will keep increasing. To avoid using all your storage space, you can configure your account to automatically delete old files. To do so, please logon www.drivehq.com, then go to My Account page, click on Account Options, then check the following two checkboxes: "Enable Automatic File Deletion" and "Thi

After you save the setting of "Thiyou will have access to the new Camera Show feature from DriveHQ.com website, which allows you to remotely play back your images, or monitor a scene in "real-time".

3/31/2012 2:26:33 AM

DriveHQ has launched www.cameraFTP.com, a new FTP service optimized for IP cameras. DriveHQ offers a complete Cloud IT Solution, which includes a state-of-the-art FTP server hosting service. Many security camera users have used our FTP service to store the recorded images offsite. Because DriveHQ.com has so many features, it might be a little hard to find the right features for security cameras.

With www.CameraFTP.com, it is much easier. You can configure your camera to upload images to ftp.cameraftp.com, (or IP Address: 66.220.9.45), and you can remotely monitor the scene or play back the old images using our CameraShow feature.

Security cameras are not secure themselves. They can be easily destroyed or tampered. By using CameraFTP service, even if an intruder destroys the security camera, he cannot delete the images stored in CameraFTP's secure data center.

If you already have a security camera (or network camera, IP camera, surveillance camera), you definitely should try our CameraFTP service. If you don't have a security camera yet, you might want to buy one now. The cost has dropped dramatically in the past few years. Now you can buy a decent quality wireless security camera for only about $100. Dependent on your image quality and upload frequency, CameraFTP service starts at only $1.5/month!

For only about $100 to a few hundred dollars, you can make your home or business much more secure. Isn't it a very good investment?

6/25/2012 4:41:56 PM

Hi..!! I read all the thread. you mean to say that we can not avail services for free account. My Code was working for some 4-5 days. Now its not allow to connect to your server, So Are you asking me to leave your server and try for another server..?

1/13/2014 6:06:39 PM

The free FTP service is designed for casual and personal use only. Users can use FTP client software such as FileZilla to upload / download files. It has a maximum logon time limit / day. If your users only need to logon a few times per day, then they can use our free service.

You (they) can also use DriveHQ's FileManager client software to drag and drop files / folders.

If you use an automatic device or program that keeps logging on our FTP service, then it will NOT be considered as casual use. In this case, you need to pay for our service. The service starts at only $1.99/month, or $19.99/year - you cannot find another FTP service that is priced lower than our service, not to mention we offer far more than just FTP. (We also offer remote file server, online backup, enterprise folder sync, drop box folder, email / web hosting, etc.) 

1/14/2014 10:25:27 AM

Hello,

I just paid $1.99 and still cannot login with command line win7  ftp client.

I get " "Connected to ftp.drivehq.com" and immediately "Connection closed by remote host"

I switched to paid account as on your forum it said that once you pay it will work?

Does it take time to reset my account ?

What is the problem?

I do have regular web access but need a command line ftp client access.

Thank you,

cal29

4/27/2014 10:03:51 AM

User: cal29  -  4/27/2014 10:03:51 AM

Hello,

I just paid $1.99 and still cannot login with command line win7  ftp client.

I get " "Connected to ftp.drivehq.com" and immediately "Connection closed by remote host"

I switched to paid account as on your forum it said that once you pay it will work?

Does it take time to reset my account ?

What is the problem?

I do have regular web access but need a command line ftp client access.

Thank you,

cal29

If your IP address has been blocked due to exceeding free service logon limit, it will take a couple hours for it to be automatically unblocked even if you order a  subscription. You just need to stop your FTP client and wait for about 2 hours.

Alternatively, if you have already ordered a subscription, then you can use proftp.drivehq.com, which is designed for paid members only. 

4/27/2014 10:45:26 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?