x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 22461/2
Hi, I am wondering why your service price is more expensive than an external USB drive? If a USB external drive is a lot faster and cheaper, why should I pay for the service? If you offer free storage, I am very willing to sign up and help promote it.

8/22/2006 12:48:29 PM

Hi, the reason our cost is higher than your USB drive is because our product is BETTER and MORE than a USB drive.

(1) Note our system is much more reliable than a USB drive. We keep duplicate sets of storage for best protection against data loss; so if you have 10GB, on our system, we actually use about 10 + 10 + 4GB (overhead) = 24GB of storage.

(2) We provide download / upload service, which uses a lot of bandwidth;

(3) We host our system in a state-of-the-art Colocation where we lease facility space. The data center offer redundant power supply, redundant network connections, etc. Thus the service is much more reliable than any self-hosted services.

(4) Our product is really better than a USB drive. You can access your data from anywhere, anytime; your data will be safe even if computer crashes, gets hacked, or in any major disaster like theft, fire, hurricane, earthquake, etc, your data will be safe.

Please take a look at our services like: Online Sharing and Collaboration service, Complete FTP hosting service, etc: http://www.drivehq.com/help/features/

DriveHQ is a technology and service oriented company, we have the best technologies and features. If our service doesn't save you time and money, don't pay us. Otherwise, you will find our service very worthwhile. It is even cheaper than USB flash drive. But you know USB flash drive has very limited amount of storage, it doesn't let you share files remotely, and it is plainly not as safe or reliable as our storage.

8/22/2006 1:50:04 PM

hi burger, I agree with the webmaster. For the kind of service, the cost is more expensive than a USB drive. I have a small consulting firm, to me the value is about the service and security, not the storage. I am very impressed with the excellent service by this company, FileManager and WWWBackup rocks, they save me time, make my life easier without carrying any USB device, and give me a good sense of safety. I am paying $99/year, which is fair to me. Even if I use an external USB drive, that would cost about the same, but it is not as safe as using an offsite service like DriveHQ.

8/23/2006 2:39:36 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?