x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24468/3
Hi, I am very impressed with your service! This solves my problem almost perfectly. I have a small company with 6 people, no in-house IT support. This DriveHQ storage works very well for me for the last 2 months. Now I have just upgraded to group account. The question I have is: I created a sub-account for one of my customer... you know, it's easier to create an account for him than asking him to sign up on DriveHQ himself. Now I don't want him to access the GroupRead, GroupWrite or any other folders shared to the group. I just want him to access one folder I shared to him. Is it possible?

11/16/2006 12:08:09 PM

This is a very very good question. There are solutions, but probably is not perfect. The fact is this customer should really not belong to your group. In this case, the best approach is to remove him from your group. You should ask him to logon the sub-account your created for him, ask him to update his email address if he has not done so. He will need to confirm his new email address. After that, you can remove his account from your group. The customer will become a regular DriveHQ user.

Since you have only a few employees, you can use our regular folder sharing feature to work around this issue. When you share a new folder, don't share to the whole group, but instead share to individual users. You can create a Contact Group to include all your employees. This way, when sharing a folder, you can select all emails at once.

Another way is to sign up another group account; so you don't mix your customers with your employees. You can connect the two groups by using DriveHQ regular folder sharing.

11/16/2006 1:23:40 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/16/2006 1:23:40 PM

This is a very very good question. There are solutions, but probably is not perfect. The fact is this customer should really not belong to your group. In this case, the best approach is to remove him from your group. You should ask him to logon the sub-account your created for him, ask him to update his email address if he has not done so. He will need to confirm his new email address. After that, you can remove his account from your group. The customer will become a regular DriveHQ user.

Since you have only a few employees, you can use our regular folder sharing feature to work around this issue. When you share a new folder, don't share to the whole group, but instead share to individual users. You can create a Contact Group to include all your employees. This way, when sharing a folder, you can select all emails at once.

Another way is to sign up another group account; so you don't mix your customers with your employees. You can connect the two groups by using DriveHQ regular folder sharing.

Thank you for your quick reply. The problem is solved for now. My customer doesn't want to be in my group account. So he has signed up his own account.

11/17/2006 11:52:22 AM

User: tedgroup  -  11/17/2006 11:52:22 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/16/2006 1:23:40 PM

Thank you for your quick reply. The problem is solved for now. My customer doesn't want to be in my group account. So he has signed up his own account.

I just learned that I can share a folder to my customer and create a sub-account for him. This is very very cool! I have used xdrive and box, for all their buzz and hype, this drivehq makes them look like toys. Thanks for the excellent service!

11/18/2006 12:10:49 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?