x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24769/3
Hi,

I've just started testing your software which is great and very usefull ! i'm likely to upgrading to premium service.

I've set up folders on my local drive to be synchronized using driveHQ file manager. I'd like to indicate how to exclude subfolder to synchronize but i don't find any working syntaxe.

option ot use: "exclude these file types" in file manager ' sync task.

how can we do that ?

Regards,

T1000

8/4/2008 4:29:41 AM

Sorry this version of DriveHQ FileManager doesn't support folder filter. We will add this feature later.

[ For advanced users:

You might want to edit the setting.ini file to exclude some folders.

fullFolderFilter = Documents and Settings\*\Temp, ...

This feature is not supported now.

]

8/4/2008 7:07:43 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/4/2008 7:07:43 PM

Sorry this version of DriveHQ FileManager doesn't support folder filter. We will add this feature later.

[ For advanced users:

]

Thank you for your quick answer !

Your product is really good compared to the others but this kind of feature is quite important to filter our backup.
Other products have the ability to add rules to include/exclude files or folders. Do you plan to implement such feature ?
In any case, when should the folder exclusion feature be released ?

Regards,

t1000

8/6/2008 6:41:19 AM

User: t1000  -  8/6/2008 6:41:19 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/4/2008 7:07:43 PM

[ For advanced users:

]

Thank you for your quick answer !

Your product is really good compared to the others but this kind of feature is quite important to filter our backup.
Other products have the ability to add rules to include/exclude files or folders. Do you plan to implement such feature ?
In any case, when should the folder exclusion feature be released ?

Regards,

t1000

For backup, it is recommended using DriveHQ Online Backup 4.0 client software, which supports filtering of files and folders. Also Online Backup is safer than FileManager for backup purpose:

(1) When you delete a file on your local PC, Online Backup doesn't automatically delete the file on server. You can manually click on the "Delete un-used files on server" button (in the Edit Task screen) to delete the files.

(2) Online Backup can keep multiple versions of a file; in case you accidentally changed some files, you might be able to restore an older version.

(3) Online Backup can run in the service mode; so it can protect your data even if nobody is logged on the PC.

Basically, if you want automatic backup with little human interaction, please use Online Backup; if you want to manually copy / paste / drag files; if you want to share or synchronize files with other people, then use FileManager. Please note Folder Synchronization is not designed for backup. If you delete a file on local, it will also delete the file on server.

8/6/2008 10:47:14 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?