x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 25926/2

Yesterday I upgraded the DriveHQ Online Backup software from Version 5 to Version 6. I noticed afterwards that my accounting system would no longer allow me to print forms without locking up. While working that issue, I was asked if I had installed any new software, which I had. I uninstalled version 6 and my accounting software worked again. I just decided to reinstall version 5, but it now is causing the same conflict. When it is installed, my accounting software will lock up when I try to print forms. If I uninstall it, the accounting software runs as it should.

The accounting package I use is ACCPAC Pro Series, Version 7.1. Has anyone run into a similar problem? If I can't fix this, I will have to find a new online backup provider.

10/8/2014 12:21:48 PM

OK, I was able to solve the problem myself. I installed the backup software before I left the office so that it could back up overnight. When I came in this morning, I noticed the backup of the accounting files had an error. It could not access the network share. I remembered that I had to change the service log on to a network service and not a local service. Once I did that, the backup worked correctly AND the accounting system worked correctly. I am not sure why having the backup service logon set to local would affect the way the accounting system worked, but it did.

All is good now.

10/9/2014 7:17:46 AM

Glad that you have resolved the problem. When you back up a network folder, you need to make sure that DriveHQ Online Backup software can access the network folder. Thus the "Backup Service" process must run as a user account who can access the network folder. For more detailed information, please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/help/doc/DriveHQServiceManual/DriveHQServiceManual.htm#_Toc265186768

As of why "your accounting system would no longer allow me to print forms without locking up", it is quite odd. We haven't seen this kind of issues before. I doubt it is a DriveHQ-related issue. I guess the printer is connected to the same file server; when your accounting software prints files to the network printer, it also needs to log on to the server. When you updated the service logon account for DriveHQ Online Backup, it might have indirectly logged on the network printer. So you probably could have resolved the problem by manually connecting to your network printer first.

10/9/2014 6:27:12 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?