x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 21698/1
Been a long time DriveHQ user. I have been following the buzz surrounding drop box and the likes and really do not see what all of the excitement is about. Based upon my limited knowledge here can't we and have we not always been able to do the same thing with DriveHQ?

For example: If I sync a folder on one computer and want to use that same data lets say on a desktop computer. I should just be able to install drivehq on the desktop and perform a sync. Then when I go back to the lap top and the files sync they should all be the same. Correct? Or am I missing something??

Secondly, I am considering upgrading to a group account. I would like to give others access and provide them with the opportunity to have their own private folders. My question is as admin do I have access to their private files? I really do not want that access so if I do how do I change the permissions so only they can have access?

Thanks. You have a great service.

10/13/2009 4:14:00 AM

Been a long time DriveHQ user. I have been following the buzz surrounding drop box and the likes and really do not see what all of the excitement is about. Based upon my limited knowledge here can't we and have we not always been able to do the same thing with DriveHQ?

DriveHQ's business is focused on offering best quality products and services; we spent little money on marketing. This allowed us to spend more money on R&D. We are very confident that our products and features are of the best quality. DriveHQ has bundled a lot of features in the premium service package, so small businesses could save a lot of money on Remote File Server, Automatic File Backup, FTP Server Hosting, Email Server Hosting, Folder Synchronization, Remote Sharing and Collaboration, Web Hosting, etc.

For example: If I sync a folder on one computer and want to use that same data lets say on a desktop computer. I should just be able to install drivehq on the desktop and perform a sync. Then when I go back to the lap top and the files sync they should all be the same. Correct? Or am I missing something??

Correct.

Secondly, I am considering upgrading to a group account. I would like to give others access and provide them with the opportunity to have their own private folders. My question is as admin do I have access to their private files?

As the group admin, you have the right to reset sub-user password. You can also allocate storage space and download bytes to sub-users, create/delete/edit/disable sub-users. So yes, you can access sub-user files.

I really do not want that access so if I do how do I change the permissions so only they can have access?

If you don't want this privilege, you can let the other user sign up a DriveHQ by himself (herself). You can still share different folders to different users and set different levels of access rights. Without a group account, you cannot centrally create and manage these user accounts; you also cannot share storage and download bytes; moreover, the other user accounts are not treated as premium accounts.

Thanks. You have a great service.

10/16/2009 10:21:40 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?