x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 36232/4
I was uploading just fine today. Then suddenly I start getting the error "Cannot put files: remote host closed control connection."

Wassup?

1/18/2010 9:03:51 PM

I assume you are using the FTP Service. Which FTP client software do you use?

Anyway, since it worked before, the FTP client software is unlikely to be the problem. If you use Windows, it is recommended using DriveHQ FileManager 4.5 client software. It is fully integrated with our service. No configuration is required, and it has a lot more and better features than regular FTP.

The problem as you described seems to be related with your network connection. When it happens, please check if you can still connect www.drivehq.com, log on and download files online. If you are uploading / downloading a very large file, it's possible that the network connection could drop. You just need to retry and FTP (most FTP client software) supports resuming. 

1/20/2010 3:39:13 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/20/2010 3:39:13 PM

Anyway, since it worked before, the FTP client software is unlikely to be the problem. If you use Windows, it is recommended using DriveHQ FileManager 4.5 client software. It is fully integrated with our service. No configuration is required, and it has a lot more and better features than regular FTP.

The problem as you described seems to be related with your network connection. When it happens, please check if you can still connect www.drivehq.com, log on and download files online. If you are uploading / downloading a very large file, it's possible that the network connection could drop. You just need to retry and FTP (most FTP client software) supports resuming. 

I started having this problem as well. I've been using my client for almost two years with no issues till last week when all of the sudden the connection gets closed. One more thing last week I have upgraded my account to the 5 GB one. To be more precise I started getting this issue just right after the upgrade.

1/23/2010 8:14:08 AM

User: jawadal_5500  -  1/23/2010 8:14:08 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/20/2010 3:39:13 PM

I started having this problem as well. I've been using my client for almost two years with no issues till last week when all of the sudden the connection gets closed. One more thing last week I have upgraded my account to the 5 GB one. To be more precise I started getting this issue just right after the upgrade.

Thank you for reporting the problem. Please email us more detailed info.

If FTP Server is having problem, you can also use www.drivehq.com website to access your files; you can also use DriveHQ FileManager to upload / download / share files.

1/25/2010 8:32:00 PM

Everything worked until the last few days and now connections are basically refused with the previously mentioned "server closed the control connection message"

It looks like a pattern developing?

Please advise....thanks in advance

2/5/2011 1:41:12 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?