x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 29935/3

When backing up a server, especially in regards to SQL and other programs, what is the best way to ensure this is safely backed up. Is there a good way to get a test machine and run disastor recovery tests.?

2/7/2011 11:31:59 AM

Cloud backup is widely used for offsite data backup. Traditionally, you would backup your data to an external disk or tape and ship the disk/tape to an offsite location, which is hard and costs a lot of money. Offsite backup is the only safe backup solution that can survive a major disaster such as fire, earthquake, flood, or virus, etc.

Cloud/offsite backup is usually not designed for system backup. If you system fails, you can easily restore your system using the recovery CD, or you can install a new system. Once your system is recovered, you can install DriveHQ Online Backup or DriveHQ FileManager to restore data.

DriveHQ Online Backup 5.0 can run as a Windows/NT service. It can backup your computer/server even if nobody  is logged on.

>>> Is there a good way to get a test machine and run disastor recovery tests?

As mentioned above, you probably only need to verify your data integrity. You can backup your data, then restore/download the data and see if there is any problem.

2/7/2011 12:07:20 PM

Hi

can I backup with your scheduled backup program to my hard drive also? is there any way of doing it ?

7/24/2014 6:28:49 AM

User: ramzilberman  -  7/24/2014 6:28:49 AM

Hi

can I backup with your scheduled backup program to my hard drive also? is there any way of doing it ?

To schedule backups locally, you should  visit our software page and install our Online Backup Software. This will allow you to create multiple backup tasks within your local environment.

www.drivehq.com/downloads/downloads.aspx

7/24/2014 8:41:20 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?