x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24565/1

My PC picked up a virus and keeps locking my screen with some BS FBI screen saying I need to pay $200 to unlock my screen. I have finally got to a point where I am in my PC's system recovery mode trying to move back to an earlier restore point, but I'm on my iPad now and have access to my files and they are all here intact, but I'd like to make the cloud the master and not permit my PC to dictate the content of my DriveHQ files, so how do I ensure that only the contest and changes in the cloud can overwrite the PC files and not vice versa?

11/8/2012 8:44:22 PM

If you want to use DriveHQ as your main file storage, then you can use a web browser directly. You can also use DriveHQ FileManager or any FTP client software to drag and drop files and folders.

So far, we have not seen any virus that infects your files on DriveHQ from your PC. However, if your computer is infected with a virus, then somebody might be able to gain full access to your computer. In this case, if you save your DriveHQ username and password on your computer, your DriveHQ account could also be compromised. Of course, such chance is very rare.

If you use DriveHQ FileManager, you can create a sync task to automatically sync a remote folder with a local folder. You can set it to "Overwrite local files only" from Tools --> Manage Synchronization.

11/9/2012 2:42:42 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?